BenQ with its EX3501R ultrawide gaming monitor is providing a mean for gamers to step closer to their dream world – a world where a real-life gaming experience is made possible. This curved screen is monstrous – meaning that it is big and wide. But with the curved design and the tons of technologies (and features) packed within it, the monitor is able to produce high-quality images and crisp graphics for a higher enjoyment. The screen has a very nice combination of big size and advanced modern technologies. As a result, you can expect it to deliver the ultimate satisfaction that will be right up your alley. Let’s not forget that there are also many features that you can enjoy from this device.
- PANORAMIC SCREEN: Immersive ultra wide 35" curved monitor and 3440x1440 resolution with 1800R curvature, wide viewing angle, 21: 9 aspect ratio, ultra-slim bezel
- PATENTED EYE-CARE FOR EXTENDED PLAY: Brightness Intelligence Plus uses a proprietary sensor to adapt screen brightness and color temperature to your in-room lighting. B. I. + works with Zero Flicker and Low Blue Light to help combat eye strain, blurred vision, and fatigue.
- Ergonomic: Height/tilt adjustability
BenQ EX3501R – Specifications
Always keep in mind that specific information is one of the crucial elements of a device. When you want to buy something, especially an electronic item, you need to check the specs. Otherwise, you can ever learn about the positive (and also negative) aspects of the device. In the end, you may make a bad and lousy choice for the purchase. Instead of spending money for nothing, isn’t it better if you can get the internal information about the technology before you actually spend money for it?
Here is the lay down of the available general specifications about the BenQ EX3501R monitor:
- The monitor comes with 35 inches in size which makes it big and wide. With a 21:9 aspect ratio, the monitor is able to deliver bright, detailed, and crisp images
- The monitor has W-LED backlight and AMVA panel to boost the image clarity
- The combination of 1440 x 3440 resolution, 350 nits of brightness, and 2500:1 contrast ratio is able to create a monitor that is operating smoothly with very minimal fuss
- 4 ms response time and 100 Hz refresh rate can deliver smooth, fluid, and delay-free performance that is crucial for the gaming enjoyment
- The monitor doesn’t have an integrated speaker, though, which is too bad for a kind of powerful gaming monitor
- The monitor comes with different kinds of connector options, including a headphone jack, a C USB port, two 3.0 USB ports, two 2.0 HDMI ports, and one 1.4 DisplayPort slot
One of the greatest things about curved monitors is the quality of viewing. The curved design enables you to view the monitor comfortably from side to side – covering all sides and corners. There won’t be blank spots. There won’t be dark areas either. As a result, you can only expect a perfect viewing outcome and enjoyment. This is definitely an important aspect in perfect gaming experience – especially if you expect a real-life result. But the question is, does this BenQ monitor really have what it takes for balancing the advanced technologies with satisfying image quality?
BenQ EX3501R – Design and Build Quality
When we are talking about the overall design of this BenQ monitor, we are talking about the big and spacious construction. However, the monitor somehow comes with very nice and well-constructed sleek, low-profile, and slim design that leaves a lot of room on your desk. The monitor has its own supportive stand that is covered in an appealing chrome look. The monitor comes with the combination of textured black and silver plastic. Another cool thing about this stand is the handy circular hook that can help you with better cable arrangement. Tangled cables? No more!
The monitor is a frameless ultrawide monitor, but it does have bezel construction with 0.4 inches size. The lower one has a wider 1-inch design that is used to house many buttons. The buttons are used to control the display menu. The management of the buttons is cleverly concealed and well-hidden but it also makes them a bit complicated to navigate. It takes some time for you to get used to the placement. By the time it happens, navigating will be much easier. The base stand also has some ports for better connectivity so it won’t be a problem.
You can always tilt the monitor up and down, thanks to the adjustable feature. You can also adjust the height. Unfortunately, the height adjustment is pretty limited. You may need to adjust the height as well as the chair so there are a level eyeline and screen alignment. But to make up for the limited height adjustment, you can depend on the VESA mount. Yes, the monitor has this mount so it can be quite handy – in case you need it.
BenQ EX3501R – Setup
One of the things to like about BenQ EX3501R monitor is the minimum fuss for the installation and setup. It comes as the ‘plug and play’ device which means that it has been fully assembled. All you have to do is to take it out of the box and connect it with cables. The cables are also available within the package. You should be able to find the USB c cable, display port connector, and also HDMI cable. There is an installation and software guide. From the moment you take it out of the box to the placement, it only takes a few minutes.
BenQ EX3501R – Image Quality
If you read the previous specs section, you know that there are many technologies incorporated to make the monitor have flawless image quality. But there is another winning element to like about this BenQ EX3501R monitor, which is the HDR technology. Thanks to it, you can play HDR games or watch HDR movies. This monitor doesn’t incorporate quantum dot that can be useful for brightness. Because of the absence, the luminance level is pretty good although not great. Even when paired with an 8-bit depth of color, the monitor just isn’t bright enough for the perfect and full HDR experience. Basically, the HDR feature is convenient – it is nice to have such a technology for the monitor. But then again, you can’t expect a truly 100% perfect outcome from this device. It’s a shame but you can actually enjoy other features if brightness isn’t an issue for you.
BenQ EX3501R – Display Modes and Other Features
The wrap-around and the deep curved shape, when combined with VA panel, is able to deliver improved color contrast and deeper black. Be ready of the downsides, such as not very accurate color and ghosting. But the special thing about this BenQ monitor is the reliable performance. The color accuracy holds up to 100% of sRGB which creates a flawless look. This technology is important if you want to use the monitor other than playing games, such as video editing or watching movies.
The monitor also drops the 140 Hz refresh rate to 100 Hz. Such a downgrade is crucial because it turns out able to improve the heightened gaming enjoyment and also better pixel density. And the fact that it is coming with FreeSync technology is just superb – you can enjoy more features and image quality. FreeSync technology will prevent screen stuttering and tearing.
The monitor also comes with Eye Care system that controls the ambient light, leading to brightness adjustment automatically. There is a small sensor on the lower bezel side, able to lower the blue light that can reduce the eye strain. If you want to, you can also turn it off.
- You can expect great gaming enjoyment with smooth, fluid, and high-quality graphics
- Setup and installation are easy. You don’t need to do anything or calibrate the monitor
- The high-contrast and sharp images are pleasant to create real-life quality
- Color accuracy is just excellent and reliable
- The design is nice and modern without being too much or too extravagant
- It comes with HDR support
- Height adjustment is limited
- HDR quality may not be as bright as other monitors
BenQ EX3501R monitor has its own perks and downsides, but you know that the positive elements are way more – exceeding the negative parts. The sturdy construction, the advanced technologies, and the premium images and graphics are the winning elements of this monitor. You should seriously consider this ultrawide gaming monitor in your possession – if you want to enjoy the ultimate satisfaction.
Last update on 2019-09-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API