Curved gaming monitor can be super sleek and stylish and yet you don’t have to spend a fortune. If you don’t believe it, take a look at this Designo Screen from Asus. You’d be surprised to know that it houses some of the best features and technologies. There are so many good things to like about this monitor, especially when it comes to technology and easy use. If you think all gaming monitors are complicated and complex – despite the advanced technology – then you haven’t met this Asus MX34VQ Designo monitor. Things can be super simple, and even fun, if you have this powerful screen in your possession.
- 34" 21:9 Ultra-wide Quad HD (3440 x 1440) curved monitor with a wide 178° viewing angle
- ASUS Eye Care technology with TUV Rheinland-certified flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter minimizes eye fatigue
- 8W x 2 SPK, SonicMaster sound optimization technology was co-developed by Harmon Kardon to provide rich, spacious sound while eliminating the need for external speakers
Designo Asus MX34VQ – Specifications
As other electronic devices, this Asus screen is coming with all the right features and spot-on specs. If you want to make sure that you are making a worthy expense, be sure to check the specification and you will see whether it has all the powerful features that you want or not. Skipping the specs will only bring disadvantages on your part so be wise and be thorough before making the purchase.
The general specs of this monitor are:
- Brightness is 300 cd/m² which creates super real and fantastic viewing moment
- The monitor size is 34 inches. It is wide and big – perfect for every gaming needs
- The aspect ratio is 21:9 which is more than enough to deliver crisp and bright image quality
- Resolution is 1440 x 3440 with all the detailed colors and small matters
- Refresh rate is around 100 Hz with response time of 4 ms
- Contrast ratio is static 3000:1 for enhanced clarity
- It has two built in speakers of 8 watts
- The stand has tilting ability but no pivot or swivel feature. It isn’t compatible with VESA either
- With almost 30 lbs of weight, this monitor is definitely not light but it is solid and sturdy
- The overall dimension is 18 x 32 x 9.45 inches
Designo Asus MX34VQ – Design and Build Quality
As it was mentioned before, this gaming screen comes with elegant and classy construction. It has silver and black finish with see-through and clear base. As the result, the design has an impressive aesthetic flair that is simple and yet nice. You can proudly display your monitor in your man cave or office and everyone looking at it will be envious.
The VA (Vertical Alignment) panel is 1,800R curved – which isn’t so obvious or pronounced when compared to 1,500R curvature. And yet, it is still curvy with nice sleek and flawless design. A lot of people say that this monitor has a sophisticated exterior look that is somewhat sexy and yet graceful at the same time. Pair it up with the generous 34 inch size and you get yourself a satisfying performance that combines powerful performance, elegant look, and aesthetic aspect.
There is a small flaw, however, where the stand is completely fixed. You can only tilt it – you won’t be able to adjust or move it. So, think carefully about the placement or you may have problems with the desk position. The fact that it doesn’t have any VESA mount hole means that you will have to place the curved gaming monitor on a desk – and be advised to prepare a big desk for it. However, if you have the long and big working desk, be sure that the screen will look super good on it.
Designo Asus MX34VQ – Setup
The curved screen has a very nice anti-glare light matte surface that will prevent any smearing or grainy effect. The glare handle feature is also nice because you won’t have to deal with reflections which can be annoying. You can adjust it on 25 default VividPixel for a good sharpness. For optimization, use the ClearType and you will be satisfied with the overall quality.
There are several preset modes available for this line, including Scenery Mode, Darkroom Mode, Game Mode, Reading Mode, Theater Mode, and Night Vide Mode. Each of them can be tweaked and adjusted because when you choose a mode, the overall setting will be disarranged and probably chaotic. It would be best if you can familiarize yourself to the settings and tweak them on your own. A lot of users say that they only need to adjust some settings (not all of them) within each mode. The result is already amazing and satisfying.
Designo Asus MX34VQ – Image Quality
When tested out, the image quality of Asus MX34VQ Designo is very nice – even up to a satisfying point. You can play games like Call of Duty or Crysis 3, which usually requires good image rendering system, and the performance is simply smooth and crystal clear. The monitor has FreeSync AMD technology so there is no screen lag or tear. Not to mention that the curved monitor is super handy in delivering impressive vision – creating real-life actions and sensations. There is no lag because everything is smooth.
The panel is quite useful to make other colors pop although there is a bit inaccurate color representation. But it doesn’t affect the entire performance and color clarity. In fact, you will see that they are rich and various with well-saturated and well-balanced outcome. Whether you are using the monitor for gaming or watching movies, you will only experience the greatest outcome. However, blacks may be heavier (when compared to the regular hue) but the shadow detail remains sharp. As long as you don’t view the monitor from difficult or extreme angle, the colors will remain intact and united. No need to worry about color fidelity loss. In short, you won’t have to worry about color or image quality. Asus has taken care of the aspects with their technologies.
Designo Asus MX34VQ – Display Modes and Other Features
The curved gaming monitor comes with one 1.2 Display Port slot and three 2.0 HDMI ports. Unfortunately, you won’t find the handy 3.0 USB hub – which is a bit left behind if you are following today’s standard equipment needs. But no need to worry, Asus creates a smart and modern stand with the base packed with Wireless Qi charging feature. It can charge any compatible device even when the monitor is off. And how do you know that it is working. When it is used (and activated), you should be able to see a blue hue glowing on the base. Pretty cool, huh?
The monitor comes with premium speakers – each powered with 8 watts of ability. In the event that you don’t have any external speakers, rest assured that your gaming enjoyment won’t be compromised or whatsoever. The speakers may not be as great as the ones on the higher end products, but the sound quality is good. The sound is clear – even better than the standard features.
- The monitor has a very nice Eco system that can save you energy. The Standard mode alone only costs 48 watts of energy so when you switch to Eco, you can definitely save up more
- 34 inch screen provides a generous viewing ability – not to mention that the slightly curved design will deliver even more impressive quality and easiness from all different angles
- Wireless charging pad is surprisingly super nice and handy – and it can give you more perks than you have ever imagined
- Design is unique and elegant. With the sturdy construction and unique stand, the monitor won’t make you ashamed of your device
- This monitor is able to respond nicely and quickly to commands and also image transitions
- Some users experience problems where Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the system right away. But this problem doesn’t happen to all users. It seems that the unfortunate users are getting the defective products
- The DP port can be responsive one time and unresponsive in another time
- The stand can only be tilted without other movement
Despite the downsides, the overall performance is good. The quality image is superb. The sound quality is more than good. The overall setting is easy and simple. You only need to spend some times and get yourself adjusted to the whole setting and buttons.
Asus has provided a proof that high-quality products don’t necessarily costly. They manage to create a comfortable gaming screen packed with advanced technologies. Asus curved monitor has all the great features that can create impressive outcome and result. The screen has all the combined impressive audio system, image clarity, advanced technologies, and easy setting. If you are looking for a simple and yet powerful screen, especially for your gaming enjoyment, this Asus MX34VQ Designo monitor won’t disappoint you.
Last update on 2019-09-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API