Acer XR382CQK is an example of how an ultrawide monitor can be both stylish and functional at the same time without compromising quality and appealing design. We live in the modern era where technology rules almost every aspect of our lives. We are pampered for different kinds of electronic devices that are designed to make our life easier and simpler. This ultrawide screen was originally designed for gaming – for the sake of improved enjoyment and best viewing quality, but it turns out that the screen is handy for almost everything – pleasure, business, and entertainment. If you are looking for a way to enhance your entertainment aspect, you should consider owning this monitor. There are tons of things to like about it.
- 37.5" UltraWide QHD (3840 x 1600) Curved Widescreen with AMD FreeSync Display
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz - Using Display Port
- Response Time: 5ms
Acer XR382CQK – Specifications
Don’t forget to always look for the details of the specs when you are about to buy an electronic item. The specifications are basically the technical information about the item or device. From this aspect alone, you can learn about the device’s special abilities and features. So, if you want to know what’s packed inside Acer XR382CQK, you should access the specs section and info.
So, what can you learn about this ultrawide monitor that is claimed to be one of the best ever manufactured?
- The monitor size is 37.5 inches so it is wide, big, and generous
- It comes with screen mode of UW-QHD+ for better response and image quality
- The response time is 1ms that boosts flawless image quality with small possibility of lag or delay
- The aspect ratio is 21:9 and it is nice for easy viewing. There are other standards available with higher ratio but this one alone is already enough and generous
- It comes with IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology that will ensure your viewing enjoyment from every angle. Even from the side or far away distance, you can still enjoy the premium quality viewing, thanks to this technology
- The LED backlight technology allows better energy usage (and saving) as well as more comfortable viewing moment
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a part of the features made available for this monitor
- The monitor can be adjusted for better visibility and viewing. It has -5 degree to 35 degree of tilting angle and 30 degree of swiveling angle
- The monitor comes with 5.12 inches of maximum adjustable height although it doesn’t have the adjustable display pivot
- The maximum video resolution is 1600 x 3840 with 75 Hz as the standard refresh rate
- It does have its own built-in speakers (two of them) where each speaker is powered with 7W energy
It has its own HDMI port, DisplayPort, USB port, and a total 5 number of 3.1 USB ports
Acer XR382CQK – Design and Build Quality
If you first unbox the package, you will see a device that is similar to a small size of an HDTV and it looks compact, thanks to the curve. It’s a good thing that the curved screen is fully constructed and assembled – which will save you assemble time. What if you want to tweak the design or add some aftermarket accessories? Just unbolt the parts and you are good to go. After all, Acer has provided a special adapter for this where you can easily lift and plug the monitor. Basically, you only need to unbolt or un-assemble the monitor if you want to add changes to the monitor.
If you take a look at the overall size and dimension, you will need a generous desk space to place the monitor. However, the stand is pretty small but it is able to support the entire construction. The stand is made from aluminum with satin –end finish. The handle is delivering an extensive use that supports safer and also easier use. With the combination of plastic and anti-glare feature, you can expect a flawless clarity. The overall quality is solid – even from one end side to another. And with the LED on the bottom side of the bezel, the overall end finish is just superb and classy.
Acer XR382CQK – Setup
Since the monitor is coming fully assembled, you won’t need to tweak anything. Simply let it out the box and you should be good to go. The control buttons are all located on the back, consisting of a power key, 3 buttons, and a joystick. Using and operating the buttons are easy – you should get the hang of it in no time. If you want to access the menu, press any of the keys on the control panel. The two top slots are easily programmed – you only need to press or hold on to the first one. There are 8 presets available but changes are only accessible through User option.
A lot of users claim that the screen is great – you won’t have to worry about the image quality. It is the viewing easiness that makes this monitor a winning element of this device. The curved feature is one of the best – you should be able to view everything on the monitor easily. Even if you sit on the farthest side, you will have no trouble viewing the images. Despite all the great things, it would be nice if Acer can place some ports or buttons on the front side instead of placing everything on the back. It would be easier and you won’t have to use the USB-C port to activate the hub – for now, you will definitely need it.
Acer XR382CQK – Image Quality
In the previous sections, we have discussed how the gaming screen is packed with all the sophisticated features and technologies. Those features and technologies are super useful in delivering smooth and flawless image quality. The testing stage included playing some of the games requiring high quality and high definition image processing – and the monitor has passed the tests quite well.
Accuracy, in an overall sense, is quite spot-on. The basic green, blue, and red measurements are lining up well with the CIE coordinate ideal. The colors are saturated well and they are also uniformed in the Color Uniformity and Purity tests. The same good quality is also shown by the grayscale performance. The test showed highlight and shadow detail. Another cool thing about the color luminance and quality is the stability even if you see them from the bottom, side, or even extreme top angle.
The Acer XR382CQK monitor consumes around 54W in the Standard Mode, but thanks to the Eco Mode, power consumption can be reduced to 43W. The power consumption in the Standard Mode is a tad bit higher than other ultrawide monitors like BenQ or LG, but then again, these two brands don’t have the Eco Mode. This makes Acer’ monitor somewhat better than these other two brands.
Acer XR382CQK – Display Modes and Other Features
Basically, the monitor doesn’t need extravagant or a lot of change. The IPS panels allow good color coverage and convenient viewing. Not to mention that the color accuracy is pretty spot-on and nice with all the bright, crisp, and crystal-clear quality. The screen comes with 1600 x 3840 pixels resolution that sits in between (the common) 1440 x 3440 and 4K ultra-wide pixel resolution. When you pair it up with the 37.5 inches size and 110 PPI (pixel per inch), you can definitely expect an image quality that is almost perfect. Another cool thing about the screen is that you won’t need a lot of GPU horsepower to run smooth video games display and yet you won’t have to worry about the performance or quality – your screen will be overflowed and filled with crisp details.
For features, expect a lot of connections and easiness. The LED, for instance, is coming with 12 colors that can turn to orange, green, blue, white, or red (or other colors) to improve the gaming convenience. The effect can be fixed, flash, or ripple effect – it is up to you. Not to mention that connections are made easy with a lot of ports although they are located on the back.
- The monitor is quite big and wide for a more satisfying experience
- Great in-built speakers
- The curved design makes viewing very convenient and easy
- The image quality is superb and flawless – everything is detailed, crisp, and bright
- The FreeSync AMD technology also helps to make the function and use easy, fun, and enjoyable
- You won’t have to assemble anything because the monitor has been fully assembled. All you need to remove it out of the box
- The ports are all located on the back which can make access and easy use difficult
- Due to the size, the monitor can be quite huge and heavy. It may be a problem for those with limited space
In the overall sense, this curved monitor from Acer us a worthy spending if you are looking for a powerful device for your game without too much fuss or hassle. Besides all of the packed technologies and features, you can also enjoy other benefits and comfort. Rest assured that this Acer XR382CQK ultrawide monitor will only pamper you.
Last update on 2019-09-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API